Dear patients, we wish to inform you that our new consultation hours and conditions during the RMCO for attending my clinic listed below.
Updated: 18th August 2020
RMCO Operating Hours
Monday - Friday : 9:00am - 12:45pm
Monday ,Tuesday, Wednesday
& Friday : 2:00pm - 5.00pm
Thursday : Closed
Thursday : 7:00pm - 9:30pm
*We are closed on weekend & public holidays.
• You must always bring along a mask.
• You must maintain social distancing.
• You must not have been exposed to a person with history of Covid-19 infection.
• You must not have symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty in breathing for the last 2 weeks.
• You have not travelled for the last 2 weeks.
Online Booking System
• Schedule your appointment at your convenience using our online booking system. Bookings can be made one (1) day and up to one (1)month in advance.
• If the need arises, you may re-schedule your appointment online or call to inform us at 04-6468703.
• We appreciate if cancellations can be notified one (1) day ahead.
Dr. Tan Kok Joo
OBSTETRICIAN & GYNAECOLOGIST
MBBS - Uni Malaya | FRCOG (UK)
Dr. Tan started his medical career in 1976 with the Neurosurgery Department in Kuala Lumpur General Hospital. He served one year as a Military Doctor in the 7th Royal Malay Regiment after which he trained to specialise in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Maternity Hospital Kuala Lumpur and Bukit Mertajam District Hospital.
In 1984, Dr.Tan, jointly with another O&G specialist, set up a private specialist maternity centre, Tan & Tan Specialist Maternity Centre, in Bukit Mertajam. It had facilities for childbirth and operations.In 1997 Dr.Tan started his private specialist clinic, Klinik Pakar Wanita Tan aka Tan Specialist Clinic for Women, while at the same time serving as a Visiting O&G Consultant to Pantai Hospital Penang.
Dr.Tan has over 40years of experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. His special interest lies in ultrasound scanning for fetal abnormalities as well as 3D/4D ultrasound.
Dr. Liew Kean Chiew
LOCUM OBSTETRICIAN & GYNAECOLOGIST
MBBS - Uni Malaya | MMed O&G (USM)
Dr. Liew, is our clinic locum, has over 13 years of experience working as a medical practitioner of which he spent 9 years working in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (O&G). He is competent in various areas of O&G, with a specialisation in Laparoscopic surgery and urogynacological treatment.
He has worked and trained at various well-established government and private hospitals, including Hospital Parit Buntar, Hospital Taiping, Hospital Ipoh and currently Pantai Hospital.